Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy 21st Birthday

I know I'm late, but I've been busy...:)
My little sister, Christina turned 21 on Sunday.
She isn't much into letting people take pictures (as most of you know) so theres only one...
I thought her smile was perfect! :)
We had a Delicious-O dinner at Famous Daves and then we took her out for some drinks... HA

The cake, my mom and I made for her... my first time using fondent... it was quiet interesting... Next time I will be more patient with it and myself... Go head make fun... haha I sure got a good laugh out of it... It was supposed to be a cupcake on top of a present... I should of just taken the leap and gotten the mold for the cupcake but those can be so expensive! Anyways enjoy the fun we had!
I didn't really care about the bottom side cause there was going to be another layer of fondent to go over it
By, now our patience was getting thin and we still had a loong way to go..
I think I was too worried about not using enough powdered sugar, but obviously I had to much. The fondent was over drying... But in the end it tasted good :) I had found something to put on the fondent to make it all shiny and to get rid of the powered look. I forgot to take a picture... though you can kinda tell in the picture with Christina. I think I just gave myself a huge goal/cake to make for my first one.



Monday was Memorial Day and I had thought about our men and women fighting for our country in the past, present and future. I'm very thankful for that, especially for this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment